The COVID-19 Pandemic has changed the way all of us do business.
As a result of the pandemic and the massive increase in remote employees, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has temporarily changed the way we can verify documents during these trying times.
It is important to note that these changes are still temporary and there are a lot of steps to follow to be in compliance. It is also important to note that we will all have to comply with the traditional document verification process in the future.
In March of 2020, ICE announced a 60-day reprieve to physically inspect the original documents that prove identity and work authorization. This “flexibility” has been extended several times and the latest deadline is now October 31, 2022.
This “flexibility” actually makes compliance more difficult by adding some administrative details and is only available to certain employers that meet specific criteria.
This webinar will give you the tools needed to properly complete I-9 forms properly.
Following areas will be covered during the session:
- The importance of understanding the requirements for completing I-9 Forms.
- The Importance of understanding I-9 Compliance during COVID and what must be done after COVID.
- Using a Company Representative to complete remote I-9 forms
- The importance of the timeliness of completing I-9 forms.
- Determining best practices for paper and electronic recordkeeping of I-9 Forms.
- Developing a follow-up mechanism for temporary work authorizations.
- The differences between E-Verify and I-9 record keeping requirements.
- Fines and penalties for non-compliance
- Conducting an I-9 Audit
Why should you attend?
Employers often make mistakes when completing their I-9 forms. One little mistake on a form will result in a fine. If more than 50% of your I-9 forms have a mistake, it means a fine of over $1,900 for each mistake. If you have 100 employees and 50% have a mistake, your company owes over $95,000.
Attending this webinar will help you to avoid any potential large fines and gain some peace of mind when all I-9’s are done correctly.
Who will benefit?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Employees required to sign up or the onboarding of new employees
- Payroll administrators
- Individuals responsible for maintaining personnel files
that implemented a remote workforce during COVID.
Bob McKenzie, has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all areas of Human resources management in all types of industries within the public and private sectors.
Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journal. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.
Bob is a graduate of Rider University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Degree and double majored in Industrial Relations and Organizational Behavior.