Whether you're a Financial Institution, Third-Party Service Provider (TPSP), or Third-Party Sender (TPS) involved in processing ACH transactions, it's crucial to recognize that the ACH Payment System does carry risks. These risks include Operational, Credit, Compliance, Fraud, Return, and Reputational Risks.
This webinar will offer comprehensive guidance on understanding the areas of ACH Risk to which ODFIs and RDFIs are exposed during ACH transaction processing. It also covers the updated requirements outlined in the Nacha Operating Rules, effective September 2022, that mandates TPSPs and TPSs to conduct their own ACH Risk Assessment.
- ACH Network basics, including how it works and the functionalities of Same Day ACH (SDA)
- Nacha Operating Rules that guide the ACH Risk Assessment process
- Steps to develop an effective ACH Risk Management Program
- Types of ACH Risk and strategies for mitigation
- Necessary components for a successful ACH Risk Management Program
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting practices for ACH Programs
- The NEW Nacha Rules amendment on ACH Risk Assessments for Third-Party Senders (TPS)
Why Should You Attend?
Learn the Nacha Operating Rules for conducting an ACH Risk Assessment and creating an effective Risk Management Program. This webinar will help you understand the critical components of a successful ACH Risk Management Program, the importance of regular reporting to the Board, and the new requirements for Third-Party Senders (TPS) as per the recent Nacha Rule Amendment.
Who Should Attend:
- Financial Institutions involved in ACH transaction processing
- Third-Party Service Providers (TPSPs)
- Third-Party Senders (TPS)
- Compliance Officers
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Risk Management Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Board Members overseeing ACH activities
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ experience. She has designed and facilitated over 150 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences). Ms. Olheiser is also an experienced project manager managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and developing personalized training programs for financial institutions.
She has over 23 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session.