Each participant in the ACH Network is required to follow the Nacha Operating Rules and be compliant. There are several NEW amendments recently passed which will change the ACH Network processes – this is a NEED to know!
This session will provide an overview of the changes to Same Day ACH (SDA)-(effective March 2021), the Unauthorized Return process with a new Return Reason Code R11 and the ACH Contact Registry (both effective in 2021) – NEW!!! and more!
Details on the new amendments to the Nacha Operating Rule on Limitation on Warranty Claims, the Reversal Process and Rules Enforcement changes surrounding reversals, and Meaningful Modernization. Plus, updates on the most recent Rules amendment that includes clarifying the roles and responsibilities of Third-Party Senders (TPS) in the ACH Network by; addressing the existing practice of Nested Third-Party Sender relationships, and more (effective in Sept, 2022)
By attending this webinar, participants will learn to:
- Define amendments to the Rules on Increasing the Same Day ACH (SDA) dollar limit and how these changes will affect you as a financial institution, as the RDFI and the ODFI
- Outline the most recent change to specifying the details of an unauthorized return by repurposing Return Reason Code R11 to further define the "why" or purpose of return entry
- Illustrate a Third-Party Sender (TPS) and the new Roles and Responsibilities added as part of a NEW Rule amendment effective Sep 2022
- Describe Micro-Entries and how to remain in compliance when using these to verify accounts
- Identify with an overview, the recently approved changes for "Limitations on Warranty Claims", "Meaningful Modernization", and "Reversals and Enforcement"
- List details on Operations Bulleting #2-2022, when the ACH Operators - will implement additional late-night deliveries of ACH files to all Receiving Depository Financial Institutions (RDFIs)
Why should you attend?
To remain in compliance with the Rules, participants in the ACH network need to ensure they are up to date on recent changes and newly approved amendments to the Rules.
- This session will also cover the newly approved details and any recent updates by NACHA (including Operations Bulletins 2022-1 and 2022-2).
- Discussion on how these changes affect you as a participant in the ACH network, whether you are an ODFI, an RDFI or a TPS or TPSP. This is a must-attend session, your ACH operations process IS CHANGING!
Who will benefit?
- Third-Party Processors
- Originating Companies
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Banking Managers/ Supervisors
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ experience. She has designed and facilitated over 150 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences). Ms. Olheiser is also an experienced project manager managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and developing personalized training programs for financial institutions.
She has over 23 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session.
Tags: Nacha Rules, Changes, Updates, 2022, Future, Donna, Olheiser, November 2022, Webinar