Keeping up with annual ACH Rules Compliance Audits is mandatory for various financial institutions and service providers, as stipulated by the Nacha Operating Rules. This webinar aims to simplify this yearly obligation, especially in light of new 2022 rule changes, by offering a step-by-step guide to the audit process. Whether you're an ODFI, RDFI, Third-Party Service Provider, or Third-Party Sender, this session will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to ensure full compliance.
The session will particularly emphasize recent rule changes, including verification requirements in the ACH Contact Registry and the latest amendments that include Third-Party Senders (TPS) and Micro-Entries. Navigate through these new conditions and understand how they impact your yearly audit with expert guidance.
By attending this webinar participants will learn to:
- Identify the participants in the ACH network required to conduct an annual ACH Rules compliance Audit
- Define what the General Audit Requirements are (now in Article 1)
- Discussion on tools available in the Nacha Operating Guidelines for guidance when conducting the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit, including the TPS audit.
- Review the flexibility for each participant when following the Guidelines, which include the ODFI, RDFI, TPSP and TPS within the Rules Book
- Describe “how-to” ensure Rules Compliance after determination of what ACH activities are being audited
- Recommended areas to check (audit) in addition during the ACH Audit
Why Should You Attend?
The ACH Rules Compliance Audit isn't just a yearly requirement; it's a critical opportunity to ensure your organization is operating within the bounds of Nacha Operating Rules. With new requirements, like Unauthorized Returns processes and Third-Party Sender (TPS) Risk Assessments now in place, there's more at stake than ever before.
This session offers a complete guide to fulfilling your annual audit obligation. It clearly identifies who is required to conduct these audits and breaks down the process step-by-step. Moreover, you'll receive practical tips to tailor your audit according to the specific ACH activities your organization engages in. This is your chance to navigate through the complexities of the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit, ensuring that you're not just compliant, but also more knowledgeable and prepared for the year ahead.
Who should attend?
- ACH Operators and Managers
- Risk Management Professionals
- Compliance Officers
- Auditors (Internal and External)
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Banking Operations Managers
- Legal Counsel specializing in financial regulations
- Third-Party Service Providers involved in ACH services
- Financial Consultants and Advisors
- Accounts Payable and Receivable Managers
- Corporate Accountants and Controllers
- Payment Systems Engineers and Developers
- Information Security Officers
- Business Analysts working with ACH transactions
- Financial Institutions' Executive Management
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ experience. She has designed and facilitated over 150 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences). Ms. Olheiser is also an experienced project manager managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and developing personalized training programs for financial institutions.
She has over 23 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session.